The Sales Consultant will develop and maintain relationships with Designers, Architects, End Users, and Channel partners to increase market share for private residential and commercial hardware and electronic security solutions to meet organizational goals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal customers (including sales, marketing, engineering, customer and technical services, and operations).
- Partner with all internal customers to ensure complete customer satisfaction, commitment and loyalty to Allegion products and services leading to increased revenue.
- Utilize professional level sales skills. Must be proficient in discussing security and safety systems with security directors, IT management, integrators, wholesalers, etc.
- Follow up on all job quotes with channel partners to secure projects and ensure a favorable mix of Allegion products.
- Able to communicate the value of technology and relate it to customer needs.
- Exhibit an understanding of electromechanical products, applications and solutions.
- Ability to understand a complete access control package including operational descriptions and riser diagrams.
- Support business partner initiatives to maximize sales results. Coordinate with business partners to create demand, develop/execute strategy, and successfully close orders. Participate in joint sales calls and training; attend local, regional and/or national trade shows and association
- Maintain excellent industry/territory knowledge by reviewing and understanding market data of competitive activity. Adapt to change in marketplace.
- Maintain and utilize CRM tool for sales reporting and to communicate sales activities.
- Ensure proper customers and partners are adequately trained on new and existing products.
- Maintain awareness of all Allegion policies, guidelines, and procedures and ensure compliance.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Higher Diploma or above, GAI qualified is an added advantage
- 4+ years sales experience, private residential experience preferred
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to total facility integration
- Basic understanding of electricity and electronic components
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing others with a bias for action
- Strong customer focus and presentation skills required
- Develop and maintain relationships with target customers through a consultative selling approach and regular pattern of calls to achieve goals.
- Advise customers on product mix, applications, and promotions that meet their needs. Suggest possible new products and adaptations for product and/or system applications