Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
My client is a South-East Asian holding company focused on food, energy and property. Rapidly growing, the company is now focusing on import, trading, process and distribution of physical grain commodities. The Group handles huge supply chain volume in both food and feed sectors.
Position Summary: High visibility position that requires seasoned and well-rounded candidate with experience in Lean and/or Design for Manufacturing techniques. The candidate is to lead engineering design safe, competitive, and regulatory compliant capital projects, as well as to improve existing facilities to achieve world-class efficient, reliable, and right operational setups for the market.
The candidate will also partner with logistics / supply chain, sales & marketing, IT, manufacturing, and quality to establish platforms, product & services support management, and to enable sustainable continuous improvement value creation across our network. This role is responsible for implementing and maintaining Lean operations and processes, and other advanced engineering and manufacturing methodologies, technology, and systems.
Principal Responsibilities 30% Technical (Engineering) Design & Standard Leadership:
- Establish and supervise overall manufacturing technology & engineering standards
- Lead strategy and horizon view for new technologies and processes consistent execution.
- Develop breakthrough project solutions that deliver on sustainable year-over-year continuous improvement savings goals.
- Development of feasibility, engineering strategy, deliverables, conceptual, basic, detail package in coordination with capital project manager, sourcing, and external engineering service providers.
- Ensure new projects are designed in compliance with regional and country industry codes and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure new projects are designed and existing facilities are improved in conformance with client’s standards and technology specific needs into the facility design.
- Integrate input and best practices as well as lessons learned from all disciplines into the engineering design.
25% Engineering Planning and Control:
- Manage and direct the external engineering firm that is working on project(s).
- Develop the engineering services scope of work and bid package to support project objectives.
- Evaluate engineering firms with the capital project manager to select the “best fit” engineering firm, and “best fit” technology to apply into a project.
- Oversee engineering activities and quality in the different discipline prior to and post construction phase, including to ensure application of all required corrective actions in the engineering field.
- Support the development of the engineering estimate and track engineering progress against estimate.
20% People Leadership
- Direct the activities for area engineers that are supporting the development of the engineering design of the project.
- Providing process guidance, training, coach and mentor junior engineers and to ensure continued technical and professional growth.
- Championing safety and efficiency in the workplace and in conjunction with quality department to ensure highest quality standards are met.
25% Continuous Improvement of Engineering Function
- Identify, document and communicate lessons learned in engineering field to the appropriate functions.
- Work with business unit leadership to identify enhancements to engineering work processes
- Work closely with departments throughout the organization to implement manufacturing technology to ensure effective, efficient, reliable, competitive operational setups, and customer satisfaction.
- Develop and monitor key metrics of critical engineering processes.
- Leader, strategic thinker and problem solver. Must combine a detailed technical knowledge with business functions, and operations management.
- Must be well organized, disciplined and self-motivated, with the capability to balance multiple priorities related to operations and the organization.
- Strong decision maker with clear delivery expectations.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with internal company personnel, as well as customers and vendors, with equal effectiveness and professionalism.
- Proven experience in creating and executing process improvements and adherence.
- Ability to develop operational strategic vision while influencing/leveraging other functional groups within the business enterprise.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work collaboratively at all levels within the organization and with senior level executives.
- Outstanding organizational skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task. • Ability to focus, lead and achieve change in a matrix organization.
- Strong beliefs in ownership, accountability, ethics and transparency.
- Strong project management skills, able to work independently as a sponsor and a team leader on multiple projects.
- Experience in establishing and achieving short- and long-range goals on an individual and team basis. self-starter with a high energy level.
- Drive results through metrics and data. Responsible for maintaining and improving all key factory processes and related metrics. Develop strategies, implement and monitor processes and operating systems for the manufacture of wafer fabrication equipment. Develop and support new manufacturing processes.
- Prefer Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification Proven leadership skills including: team building, collaborating, accountability, strategic and innovative thinking
- Knowledge of business functions within the enterprise.
- Experience in leading kaizen workshops in the areas of 5S, standard work, visual management, daily management.
- Demonstrate experience working with technical subject matter experts and cross-function experts to design a factory (safer, cost effective, faster, operable & maintainable).
- Demonstrate experience managing external engineering service provider and integrating activities with functional leaders in alignment with project requirements.
- Knowledge of codes and standards.
- Ability to travel up dependent on location of project as necessary to meet project needs.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, BioSystem), Engineering Management, or Engineering Operations related discipline is required. MBA desired.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of proven experience in manufacturing engineering, technology, operations or support services is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility for project and people management, involving a broad range of operational technologies and processes is also required.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point, AX).
- Language Skills: Exceptional command of the spoken and written English and Mandarin. Understanding Bahasa Malaysian/Indonesian is an advantage
To apply for the above job, please send across your CV to Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org